BRCGS Packaging: a new certification for Artigian Carta
Artigian Carta has obtained the BRCGS Packaging certification, a standard developed by the British Retail Consortium (BRCGS), with the support of the Institute of Packaging.
This certification is the natural progression of the quality systems which Artigiancarta has implemented and adopted for many years now, in compliance with the UNI EN ISO 9001 regulations and with the commitment of the company to guarantee the respect of current legislation for its products thanks also to the application of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
The BRCGS Packaging standard further guarantees the respect of the obligatory legal requirements in the field of food safety and the quality requisites of the product to the customer. This is due to the fact that the standard, in view of “due diligence”, demands a series of very rigid requirements compared to the normal practices adopted by the food packaging sector. Such requirements express the capacity to demonstrate the fact that we are taking all the reasonable measures to limit risks and to avoid incidents happening, thus safeguarding customers and consumers.
Artigiancarta has established a Policy for the Management of the Safety and Quality of the Product. Starting with an analysis of risks carried out by applying the principles of HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points), it has defined the food risks in its own production processes and has implemented all the necessary steps to prevent, monitor and verify based on the requirements of the standard and by applying the GMP.
The requirements which stand out most in the BRCGS Packaging standard and which must be rigorously carried out are:
· Checking the raw materials and semi processed goods from suppliers
· Checking the production process from the creation of the semi processed items to the finished product.
· Guaranteeing a system of traceability, from the raw materials and the production phases, up to the finished product and delivery to the customer
· Monitoring the finished products, carrying out laboratory analyses on the products and writing declarations of compliance
· Monitoring the warehouse of raw materials, semi processed items and finished products as well as the loading phases on lorries and the consignment.
· Respecting the hygienic-sanitary regulations for the factory, infrastructures and circuits of the production area.
· Security of the entrances and against criminal acts from outside and inside the factory
· Maintenance and cleanliness of the machinery, cleanliness and hygiene of the work area
· Monitoring the equipment for measuring and weighing
· Hygiene and medical checkups of staff and all the people who can potentially access the production areas (suppliers, visitors)
· Pest control